Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Saturday 26 January 2013

Coromandel township

On the way home from Whitianga , we drove home through Coromandel township. Apparently this road is windier than the Taipa way, but I hadn't been here since 2003 and we wanted to show the boys too what a classic kiwi road trip on isolated roads (to us!) was like. A beautiful trip! I love little towns and Coromandel is that and has wonderful history too being an old gold mining town.
We didn't hang out there long - just time to buy lunch from a real kiwi bakery - goodness I had not had a real meat pie for sooooo long! - and a few postcards! (still need to write and post those cards! Do you write / send postcards from trips? I blu tack all of mine on our kitchen pantry doors!).
But such a pretty pretty drive around all the bays back to Thames and then back to the big smoke.

Love going away, but love coming home!



























1 comment:

  1. NZ is one of my fave places in the world, it's so beautiful. I haven't been there for a few years now but hope to visit again soon, this time as a family.

    ReplyDelete