Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Wednesday 14 August 2013

A book post

You should see my library! Bursting with new books! So many new books. Too many new books really. I am booked under. :)
Thank goodness for an amazing teacher aide who is covering them for me. I have little time.
And a lot more money to spend thanks to the ASB community grants! 

It is all good. Splendid really. I had to buy some more plastic bins today to start storing books in bins on the floor as the shelves are getting full. ( and I do not have any problems in throwing old books it either or ones that are not read - they go to the students to take home and keep.)
Bins were cheap at the Warehouse - oh look - along with another pile of books read! These were already marked down. Then it was buy one, get one free! Oh my! And I do not have a problem in buying multiple copies of popular books either - all of these Big Nate books will be fought over!

BEST picture book of the year? "The Day the Crayons Quit." a masterpiece written by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers. Jeffers is wonderful by himself! Look at the end papers and a few of the pages. A good persuasive story with battle lines drawn.

And the BEST knitting book of the year for me too. Discovered from one of my favourite Australian blogs - www.alittlebirdtoldme.blogspot.com (Christina Lawry.) I have just started casting on tow of the mug rugs tonight! This book will keep me going forever. I think I have just found what my mum and aunt will be getting for Christmas too!

Nothing better than books! You can never have too many books!









No comments:

Post a Comment