Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Sunday 25 May 2014

Book Love





While taking a group of school parents to the local community library, I stumbled across their book sale. Fill a bag for $6! Easy done for me and some real gems here too. Some for me, some for my mum and the Crown Lynn one I knew I would be able to get rid of to someone somewhere (and I found someone easily and she is very happy!). A tip for second hand book lovers - these books were all purchased from the Mangere Town Centre Library (I was the children's librarian there 20 years ago!) - this is a beaut of a library which is always busy, but with more of the clientele on computers rather than borrwing books. The bookstock is fab, as issues are lower than other suburbs. And their booksale is phenominal, as people do not buy a lot of books. Lots and lots of good stuff there! And boxes and boxes to clear from their back rooms too!
Then this afternoon I popped into Whitcoulls to buy some chess games for school. They had an amazing sale on. If you are into craft, native flora and fauna, drawing, cooking, NZ art, history  - go and have a look! There are some gems and they were all 50% off. I am thrilled with all my knitting books (Debbie Bliss at 50% off - yes please!). The Maori one is perfect for my next NZ history paper in July (Maori after colonisation). I haven't bought books for so long. Now I just need the time to read and knit cute hats, things with sok yarn etc. A month till my nex university exam. Go fast!

3 comments:

  1. We picked up some great books at our local library too, hardbacks 50c each or 3 for $1!!! Bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soft spot for books. You did well with your little bargain haul. x

    ReplyDelete