Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Sunday 17 August 2014

The drawer




Well it started with a record player - a post for another day - then went onto my bedside drawer, then a hallway cupboard, then a bedroom, then another bedroom...

A good decent sort out. All because the now 16 year old received a record player and an amp for his birthday. I went looking for my vinyl which was spread throughout several cupboards. I am kicking myself in a BIG way, as in a moment of madness maybe 5-10 years ago, I think I sold a whole lot of Flying Nun stuff like The Verlaines, The Chills, FN compilation stuff etc etc. It MIGHT be up in the attic, but I had a quick rudimentary look last night and couldnot find anything.... The poor boy will miss out on real music. I can already see him turning into a vinyl junkie!

The drawer next to the bed - tell me that everyone has something like this. it is a shocker - business cards, thread, ribbon, stationery, notes from the kids etc etc - most of it was thrown back in the drawer too. The husband looked in horror at the pacakging / plastic bag bag (you need a bag for those) - it will come in handy for mail/ blog swaps I swear!!

There is now a good decent load all piled up at the front door to go off to a local school for their gala in November.

Not a lot of study done this weekend... but a record player will do that to you! I must say the 16 year old has mighty fine taste in music!

Anyone got one? Still got any vinyl? Favourite records?

No comments:

Post a Comment