Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Sunday 19 July 2015

Wellington - New zealand's Capital City



































I love our capital city. I think there is loads to do for families. Easy to walk and walk and walk everywhere. We love museums -I highly recommend Te Papa, the equally fabulous Wellington Museum of City and Sea (this one is apparently listed in the world's top 50 museums list!) and the Cable Car Museum. The cable car's engineering was done by the boys' great great uncle I just found out too. If I had known that while we were there, I would have taken a bit more notice! We found so many great cafes (Thunderbirds and the Belgian Beer Cafe and multiple down Cuba Mall). And Home in the National Library building. So much to do, even just in the city. A fab 2 days of running around. It has a much more laid back feel to Auckland too and we were totally blown away by the high high use of public transport and the numbers of buses on the roads and the frequency of them! One thing though is it always freaks me out that the big earthquake could come any time - I'm not a fan of living in Wellington for that exact reason and the 2 roads in and out - it would a situation far more dire than Christchurch I feel... but a top notch city to visit!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, life is stressful enough without living with a potential natural disaster under your feet. Looks like a great break! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely view from the top at the cable car. It was a warm day when I was there

    ReplyDelete