Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Thursday 21 January 2016

contentment

Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.      -Lao Tzu


i love this quote. I have no idea actually where I found it. We are very content with our grass, yard, hanging washing out and few people around! Driving to the supermarket the other night we were in a totally different parellel to Hong Kong! Visiting Hong Kong and coming home made me see the appeal of New Zealand to foreigners!

I've been content just sitting at home. I must have done about 10 loads of laundry. It has been stinking HUMID. At 9am I am over it! But I love throwing all the doors and windows open.

Two kids went back to school today. One needs a good chat with school/university - we are flipping here and there again today about which one.... One is in mufti for the first time in his life. He is thrilled at no longer having to wear  uniform. His school was never into image though, which I like and they could always wear whatever shoes they wanted. This pic was as good as I was going to get this morning and I totally forgot a decent photo after school - typical for his possibly last year of school!

And in other news - I've finished the gloves! Somewhere at 2-3am in the morning on the plane between Hong Kong and Brisbane, Australia. I love how they have turned out! I mastered a few new techniques here too (hemming and provisional cast on. Not a fan at all of either!)


4 comments:

  1. They do look good though. Love the photo of your son. Makes me laugh. Brings back memories.
    Can I pinch your quote for my blog. I absolutely love it with what is going on in my life at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gloves look good Kimberley. And I'm with you, home is the best place to be. I am excited about my future travelling adventures though. School is back on Wednesday for us and I only have one left at school. How can that be?
    Humid here too and it is oppressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Content is a wonderful thing isn't it. Your gloves look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home may contentment reign through your year x

    ReplyDelete