Creative Chaos

Creative Chaos

Thursday 9 March 2017

last of the road trip

It's raining. Hallelujah. For days. Autumn certainly is coming in slowly.
I've started university - in a real lecture theatre - well there are only 10 of us in the class. let's rephrase that - there is me with 9 x 19 year olds!

It is hilarious! It really is a lot of fun. The lecturer told me I should cream them all. Well..uh... a pass is great to me!

They sit there, writing zero notes, tapping away on their cell phones under the desks... ha!

I spent today at work covering a ton of new books around students watching me all day long.
Now I just want to fall asleep but I've 2 essays to write...

These photos are from our Napier, Hastings and Taupo part of the January road trip. I'd love to be back on holiday again.... 6 or 7 more weeks I think....

This little shop in Napier was divine - loved their little seat outside where you could add to their knitting



lots and lots of great art deco around


views from the top of Napier Hill - that was a killer of a bike ride, but the best way to see a city going a lot further than walking!


cycled through the Botanical Gardens
-


down along the waterfront -


back into the city -










from above the Port of Napier -






Can't go to Napier without some wine tasting -


Then over to The Mission vineyard for a yummy light lunch




this platter was perfect!




I don't ever remember visiting Hastings before -




And from there a drive over to Taupo for a night. The De Bretts camp ground is fabulous with great hot pools.


Impressed with the camping cabin!




Over to Mangakino - not a lot there these days -








And a bit of New Zealand land war history to round a fabulous trip off.




Now when are the next school holidays?!

I'm not that in love with my job at the moment...

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great place to visit! Glad you enjoyed it. I am mostly dealing with mature students these days, I find their motivation and enthusiasm rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so enjoyable taking this little trips with you! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete